Articles in Juridica International
Born: March 18, 1933
- 1951-1955 Faculty of Law (University of Warsaw)
- 1955 Master of Law (University of Warsaw)
- 1960 Doctor of Law (University of Warsaw)
- 1969 Doctor of Law Habilitations (University of Warsaw)
- 1961-1962 International Faculty of comparative Law (Strasbourg, France)
diplomas: d’Introduction au droit compare, du Droit Compare and d’Etudes superieures au droit compare.
- 1955-56 Judge's trainee, appointed assistant judge at the Warsaw District Civil Law Court in December 1956 [left the courts in January 1957]
- Faculty of Law, Warsaw University: assistant [1956-58], senior assistant [1959-60], lecturer [1961-69], assistant professor [1970-75] and since 1976 professor and head of the civil comparative law chair
- Director of Postgraduate Studies in Law [1969-72]
- Vice-dean responsible for scientific and international affairs [1972-78]
- Director of the Institute of Civil Law [1978-84]
- Senior research fellow at the Institute of Air and Space Law at McGill University, Monteral-Canada [1966-67]
- Professor associé at Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne (1975-76, 1983), Paris II: Panthéon-Assas (1983), Paris X: Nanterre (each year from 1986 to 1988) and Grenoble II (1980, 1983) Universities
- Visiting Professor at the University of California Berkeley Faculty of Law (1993) and at the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, California (1996)
Lectures delivered at the Hague Academy of International Law  on International Business Law of East – European States published in Receuil des Cours, vol. 174 and at a number of foreign universities i.a. Harvard, Stanford, Chicago, G. Washington – St.Louis, University of California in Davis, Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego Law Schools in the USA; Cambridge, Oxford, Cardiff and London University [King’s College] in the UK; Bonn and Frankfurt a.M. Universities and Max Planck Institute für ausländisches u. internationales Privatrecht in Hamburg in Germany; Nice, Lyon Tours and Strasbourg in France; Rome, Napoli and Milano in Italy; Geneva, Fribourg and Lausanne in Switzerland; Amsterdam, Groningen, Leyden, Tilburg and Utrecht in Holland; Brussels and Louvain-la-Neuve in Belgium, Tokyo in Japan; universities in Beyrut, Montreal, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Madrid [Automoma and Complutense] Stockholm, Tunis and Vienna (Wirtschaft Universität), Institute of Legal Sciences of the Hungarian Academy of Science (Budapest) and Japanese Institute of International Business Law (Tokyo).
Member: International Academy of Commercial and Consumer Law, Polish Academy of Arts and Science, International Academy of Comparative Law, Institute of World Business Law at the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, Academy of European Private Lawyers, Société de Legislation Comparée [Paris].
Correspondent of the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law UNIDROIT [Rome].
Secretary General [1979-88] and President [1989-2002] of the Polish Group of Association H. Capitant des Amis de la Culture Juridique Française.
Since 1968 has been arbitrator in over 300 cases including ad hoc arbitrations in various countries.
Senior consultant to Clifford Chance (Poland) law firm [1.IX.1993-30.IX.1997]; consultant to Cameron McKenna (Poland) law firm [1.VI.1997-15.I.2005].
Member of the Supervisory Board of the PBK Bank in Warsaw [May 1999 – March 2001]. Member of Supervisory Board of the PKO/Handlowy General Pension Fund [since November 1998].
Chairman of the Supervisory Board of RECAL Organizacja Odzysku S.A. (November 2001 – December 2004).
Government and parliamentary ad hoc expert 1989–1992 participating in the work of preparing the privatisation laws, securities and stock exchange regulations and foreign investment laws.
Member of the Commission for Civil Law Reform established by the Minister of Justice [1986-1996] and the Civil Law Codification Commission [1996 – 02.2002].
Member of the Coordinating Committee of the Study Group on a European Civil code [since 1999].
Member of editorial, consulting or scientific boards: European Review of Contract Law (Berlin); Revue de Droit des Affaires Internationales/International Business Law Journal [Paris]; Przegląd Prawa Handlowego [Commercial Law Review - Warsaw]; Kwartalnik Prawa Prywatnego [Private Law Quarterly - Cracow]; Przegląd Humanistyczny – Warsaw.
Member of Kuratorium: Zeitschrift für Europäisches Privatrecht (München – Frankfurt a.M.).
Author of five books and/over 200 contributions published in over 20 countries in the fields of international business law, contract law, commercial law, international civil procedure and international commercial arbitration. The latest book on Contracts in Economic Relations (in Polish) ed. by PWN Law Publishers, 3 rd ed., Warsaw 2002 (350 pages).